Agritom design and manufactures state-of-the-art, environmentally optimized growing systems for producing high-quality livestock feed. This is achieved through an intensive 6 day growing cycle utilizing the most recent soil-less, hydroponic growing technology. This is in response to a tremendous need that exists for superior quality, high crop yields in a completely secure and monitored environment. These benefits cannot be achieved by field growing methods. Not only does this create a year-round growing system in any location in the world, but a predictable yield harvest after harvest.
Due to the company’s expansion into the North American market, we are currently seeking a National Sales Manager to join our Team. This position will be based in Utah and will require interstate travel at times.
As the National Sales Manager, your task will be to expand sales of existing products in the region. You will interact with customers within your region and be responsible for maintaining and expanding profitable sales and technical support. Some primary responsibilities would include execution of the annual budget, forecasting sales, and long-term contribution to customer development. In addition, you will identify, recruit and manage personnel to capitalize on business opportunities in the region.
• Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
• Research and identify new sales opportunities.
• Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
• Develop accurate quarterly and annual sales forecasts for your region.
• Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests, and offers from competitors.
• Provide sales support and insights to existing employees.
• Schedule, organize and execute product presentations.
• Resolve issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, and providing follow-up service.
• Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of changes in product application, relevant technology, market conditions, and industry news.
• Monitor and report competitors’ activities within the specified region of responsibility.
• Nurture and protect brand identity and develop opportunities to extend brand influence and penetration.
Key Knowledge Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, animal nutrition, or other life sciences is preferred but a degree level qualification is essential.
• Ten years or more experience in the agricultural industry & a track record of success in sales.
• Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
• Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to forecast.
• Ability to work within a budget, expenses, and time constraints.
• Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Good interpersonal relationships; chemistry with the rest of the group is important.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong industry network.
• Maintain & increase existing sales.
• Volumes and margins vs. budget and previous years.
• New business conversions.
• Customer loyalty and retention.
• Forecasting accuracy.
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’ and send us your up-to-date resume.